Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Food for thought

A paragraph from the class note of Dr. Wes;

"The beach was, and still is , a great teacher. This is where many of my working rhythms were first established. Work between the tides usually has to be made quickly and lasts for only a short time.Timing is critical. There is a gamble and balance between what I want to make and the time available to achieve it. rarely is there enough time to finish a work just as I want.This lesson reaches beyond work made on the beach. i have tried to pitch my life so that I make the best use of my time and energy. Perfection in every work is not the aim. I prefer works that are fashioned by the compromises forced upon me by nature, whether it be an incoming tide, the end of a day, thawing snow, shrivelling leaves or the deadline of my own lifetime."

-Andy Goldsworthy,"Time,Change,Place" in Time (New York: Harry Abrams, 2000)

1 comment:

Kamal Prajapati said...

dis is mindblowing..